1) What is the Maximum clock frequency in 8086?
5 Mhz is the Maximum clock frequency in 8086.
2) What is meant by Maskable interrupts?
An interrupt that can be turned off by the programmer is known as Maskable interrupt.
3) What is Non-Maskable interrupts?
An interrupt which can be never be turned off (ie. disabled) is known as Non-Maskable interrupt.
4) What are the different functional units in 8086?
Bus Interface Unit and Execution unit, are the two different functional units in 8086.
5) What are the various segment registers in 8086?
Code, Data, Stack, Extra Segment registers in 8086.
6) What are SIM and RIM instructions?
SIM is Set Interrupt Mask. It is used to mask the hardware interrupts.
RIM is Read Interrupt Mask. Used to check whether the interrupt is Masked or not.
7) What is the difference between 8086 and 8088?
The BIU in 8088 is 8-bit data bus & 16- bit in 8086.Instruction queue is 4 byte long in 8088and 6 byte in 8086.
8) Give example for Non-Maskable interrupts?
TRAP is known as Non-Maskable interrupts, which is used in emergency condition.
9) Give examples for Microcontroller?
Z80, Intel MSC51 &96, Motorola are the best examples of Microcontroller.
10) What is clock frequency for 8085?
3 MHz is the maximum clock frequency for 8085.
11) What is meant by a bus?
A bus is a group of conducting lines that carries data, address, & control signals.
12) What is the difference between primary & secondary storage device?
In primary storage device the storage capacity is limited. It has a volatile memory. In secondary storage device the storage capacity is larger. It is a non-volatile memory. Primary devices are: RAM / ROM. Secondary devices are: Floppy disc / Hard disk.
13) What is Stack Pointer?
Stack pointer is a special purpose 16-bit register in the Microprocessor, which holds the address of the top of the stack.
14) Which interrupt has the highest priority?
TRAP has the highest priority
15) Can an RC circuit be used as clock source for 8085?
Yes, it can be used, if an accurate clock frequency is not required. Also, the component cost is low compared to LC or Crystal.