As we know that Star & Delta Connection only possible in 3 phase system, so in our domestic system it is not possible, because generally all house hold electrical equipment are designed with single phase supply.
Difference between Star & Delta:
Star Connected System:
- Star connection is used where we require Neutral terminal to obtain Phase voltage like above below.
- In a star connected system VL=√3Vph, mean Phase voltage is root 3 times less than line voltage.
- In a star Connected system IL=Iphase.
- Star connected systems require less insulation level.
- Star Connected system is used where low starting current is required.
Delta Connected System:
- In a Delta Connected system Line Voltage is equal to Phase Voltage.
- While phase current is √3 times less than Line current.
- Insulation level is high because line voltage = Phase Voltage.
- Delta Connected system is generally used where high starting Torque is required.